Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Photo: Morning On Mount Rainier

Rosy morning sunlight dances over beautiful Mount Rainier with Edith Creek and purple lupine wildflowers in the foreground.

Morning on Mount Rainier
Copyright Laura A Knauth, All rights reserved.
Please contact me for any usage or licensing options.

I played around with some Orton Diffusion to evoke a more peaceful morning effect.

Location
Mount Rainier National Park, Washington

Technical Info
Canon 50d
18-200mm Lens, 20mm
f/11, 0.6s, ISO 100

Filters
Circular Polarizer
3stop Reverse ND Grad (probably ... forgot to take filter notes)

I'm a huge fan of digital RAW mode after this. The golden morning light surprised me, and I was so rushed to whip out the right filters and setup the shot that I ended up accidentally taking this with -2 EB from a previous experiment. Doh! The glancing light on the peak was done by the time I noticed what happened, but I was able to salvage the photo by adding back the +2EB in DPP. Whew!

Blog Post by Laura A Knauth

No comments:

Comments Welcome!